Physical Therapy in Sarasota & Bradenton, FL
Intercoastal Medical Group’s physical therapists are focused on providing high quality rehabilitation services to every patient we see in Sarasota and Manatee County. Our therapists have extensive experience in all facets of physical therapy, and they are committed to facilitating optimal function and well-being while meeting all of your musculoskeletal and fitness needs.
Our Physical Therapy Locations
Our Personal Approach
Our therapy programs are designed with your personal goals in mind to return you to your highest level of activity quickly and safely. We use personalized patient education to emphasize the long-term outcomes of your treatment, as well as how to avoid future injury.
- Rehabilitation programs that utilize manual therapy, therapeutic exercise, and modalities as necessary to relieve pain and improve function. Includes weekly treatments that gradually transition to less-frequent visits until normal activity is restored.
- Orthopedic manual physical therapy to alleviate pain, reduce inflammation, and enhance flexibility
- Medical condition management designed to improve your quality of life and level of activities
- Postural restoration manual techniques and exercises to restore and maintain balance in movement, normal muscle tone, and improve capacity
- Counterstrain using the greatest ease and comfort to resolve muscle guarding and tension patterns
- Sports medicine for functional progression using manual therapy, therapeutic exercise, and functional activities to return the athlete to his or her desired activity
- Work conditioning program designed to increase strength and physical endurance required for safe return to work
- Consultations designed to address recurring pain from specific activities or to change habits that are causing pain
What We Treat
- Spinal conditions: Back pain, neck pain, arm or leg pain, including hands-on therapy, lifting techniques, back and neck protection principles, pain control modalities, and custom exercise programs
- Neuromuscular dysfunctions: Multiple sclerosis and peripheral neuropathy
- Arthritis: Focusing on upper and lower extremities, hip, knee, ankle, and other joints to lessen pain and/or dysfunction using joint protection principles and home exercise instruction
- Shoulder/upper extremity conditions: Tendonitis, impingement, rotator cuff tears, bursitis, frozen shoulder, tennis elbow, and wrist fractures
- Postural imbalance with balance training and fall prevention
- Post-surgical rehabilitation or post-rehabilitation where full function has not been restored
- Total/partial hip, knee, and shoulder replacement rehabilitation
- Past and present sports injuries treated with sports-specific training
Outpatient Physical Therapy & Rehab
For comprehensive rehabilitation of an injury or painful, chronic condition, turn to the experts at Intercoastal Medical Group. Our highly qualified physical therapists will improve your quality of life by resolving or minimizing your pain and restoring your function and mobility. Call today for an appointment with one of our skilled physical therapists or request one online.