In life, teamwork can be a powerful force for change, problem-solving, and a better quality of life. The same holds true for medical practices.
Private medical practices that are staffed by physicians with multiple specialties working together for the benefit of a patient offer a powerfully effective way to deliver exceptional healthcare.
Not only do healthcare providers benefit from being a part of a multi-specialty practice, but it also offers patients benefits they wouldn’t find at a solo or single-specialty practice. These include:
- One-stop-shopping for health care needs. A multi-specialty practice offers comprehensive, high-quality medical care all in one practice. Combining family medicine and internal medicine, areas of specialization may include: allergy and asthma care, gastroenterology, general surgery, gynecology, audiology, neurology, orthopedics, ENT, physical therapy, endocrinology, pulmonology, rheumatology, urology, vascular surgery, podiatry, cardiology, orthopedic medicine, dermatology, and more.
- More access to state-of-the-art medical technology. Multi-specialty practices are equipped with advanced equipment such as digital imagining tools like MRI, ultrasound, mammography, and more. The proper tools and ensures a quicker diagnosis and prompter treatment.
- The ability to schedule appointments or communicate with staff and physicians more easily. Patients know their doctors and how to reach them more easily. That familiarity enables patients to build relationships with doctors and makes them partners in their own care.
- Ready access to specialists. If a patient is diagnosed with a condition requiring the services of a specialist, that specialist is available at the same or nearby location. Since the practice has shared accessibility of medical records among all of its members, there’s no need to wait for a specialist to obtain your health history when you need care. That saves time and paperwork, allowing the patient to receive the effective treatment he or she needs, that much faster.
- More choice and convenience. Patients can choose the primary care physician they are most comfortable with from a wider selection of highly trained professionals. Also, multi-specialty practices tend to have more than one location and office hours on weekends as well as weekdays, making it more convenient for patients to arrange appointments closer to home or work. It also saves time and money over a trip to the emergency room for urgent medical concerns that are not life-threatening.
- More attentive service. Having a substantial group of doctors associated with the practice provides patients with easy access to coverage when their primary physician is unavailable. That includes 24-hour access to a doctor on call.
- More personalized treatment plans and collaborative care. Multidisciplinary teams are better equipped to focus on the individual patient, guiding them from diagnosis to treatment to recovery. Peer-to-peer physician consultation allows group members to share vital patient information, making sure that everybody is on the same page for your optimal health.
Intercoastal Medical Group is a multi-specialty practice specializing in primary care, and much more. With more than 85 doctors in eight locations across Sarasota and Manatee County, Florida, we make it easy to find a qualified doctor at a location that’s convenient for you.
For more information about our services or to schedule an appointment with one of our doctors, please call Intercoastal Medical Group in Sarasota and Manatee County, Florida or request an appointment online now.