Intercoastal Medical Group is a one-stop-shop for all your medical care needs. It offers medical care in 8 locations and with 100 doctors who specialize in over 20 different branches of medicine, including a 10,500 sq. ft. ambulatory surgical center.
One of Intercoastal Medical Group’s best specializations is its cardiology services. Cardiology is a field of medicine dedicated to the conditions, diseases, and injuries related to the heart and vascular services around the heart.
Cardiology Services at Intercoastal Medical Group
There are a variety of services that cardiologists provide their patients. Here are some of the cardiology services Intercoastal Medical Group provides:
- Maintenance and Checking of Pacemakers A pacemaker is a small device placed near the heart to control the heartbeat.
- Maintenance, Checking, and Testing of Holter Monitors Holter monitors are battery operated devices that measure the heart’s activity.
- Nuclear Medicine This is a branch of radiology that focuses on using small amounts of radioactive materials to diagnose, manage, or treat diseases. Nuclear medicine is used in cardiology to evaluate blood flow, heart function, and the extent of damage following a heart attack.
- Perform Echocardiograms This is a test that uses high frequency sound waves to create pictures of the heart.
- Perform Stress Tests This test is performed to assess the way the heart functions during physical activity.
- Perform Cardiac Coronary Computed Tomography Angiograms (CTAs) This is a test that uses advanced CT technology to create high-resolution and 3D images of the heart and vessels in action.
- Perform Vascular Ultrasounds This test is performed to examine how blood circulates in the body’s blood vessels.
Cardiologists also give treatments to patients with heart issues. Here are some of the cardiology treatments Intercoastal Medical Group provides to patients every day:
- Advanced Heart Failure Disease Management Nearly 6 million Americans live with heart failure and 10% of them have advanced heart failure.
- Aneurysm Repair An aortic aneurysm happens when there is a weak wall in the aorta, causing it to bulge and swell until it pops.
- Angioplasty and Stents This is the process of a cardiologist inserting a catheter into clogged arteries branching out from the heart.
- Carotid Angioplasty and Stenting This is a similar procedure to an angioplasty except the clogged arteries involved provide blood supply specifically to the brain.
- Implantable devices Pacemakers and biventricular devices are examples. A basic pacemaker sends an electrical signal to the brain to keep it beating properly and in sync. A biventricular or cardiac resynchronization device is implanted in the situation that medications are not helping, and the heart doesn’t pump a sufficient amount of blood.
Cardiology Care in Sarasota & Manatee County, Florida
If you are in the need of a cardiologist with a wealth of knowledge and experience treating a variety of health problems, consider the cardiologists at Intercoastal Medical Group. They would love to discuss your heart health care needs and find solutions to help make your heart stronger and healthier. To make an appointment, call (704) 944-0562 or request an appointment online.